Choosing the Right Colour of Paint for Your Ontario Door
Adding a bit of colour to your home can freshen things up and give your home a much-deserved makeover. When we’re looking to spruce things up a little bit with a splash of colour, a coat of paint goes a long way. Not up for a large project after a long Ontario winter? Painting your home’s doors in Ontario can go a long way if you’re not ready for a larger project. A fresh coat of paint can go a long way… all you have to do is pick the right colour!
Speaking of choosing a colour, there are a few things to consider when choosing the right colour for your front door:
Take Your Tastes into Account
These days, the first thing we do when we start a new project is get online. While the internet will give you countless colour options and “trends you should follow,” it’s still your door. Choose a colour you enjoy.
Your Favorite Colour May Not Be Your Doors
That being said, the colours you enjoy may not be the wisest investment. It is important to remember that colours will seem much brighter and stronger when put in direct sunlight, and may clash with your home’s exterior. Be sure to take any paint swatches into light before your paint to make sure you like the colour in that type of lighting.
What’s more, if you’re hoping to resell in the future, consider that your favourite tones might make a negative impression on a prospective buyer. Curb appeal is a big selling point, after all.
Helpful Hues to Get You Started
Who couldn’t use some colour inspiration? If you’re having a little trouble deciding which colour to choose for your doors, Ontario homes are regularly seen with some of these great colours:
- Bright Red – There’s something to be said about a little red door. Bright red contrasts well against light or neutral-toned houses.
- Brick Red – If you like red, but don’t want your door to stand out too much, opt for a richer brick red. It’s an understated choice that allows you to add colour without making it too bright.
- Eggplant – If you want something a bit quirkier, purple will be up your alley. Eggplant purple is a heavy pigment, so you know the tone will cover your door well.
- Forest Green – Like eggplant, a forest green will cover well, but will give you a toned-down, nature-inspired splash of colour.
- Periwinkle Blue – Paler colours tend to blend in well with a home’s overall exterior colour. It pairs well with lighter vinyl sidings, but can pair equally well with darker brick colours.
- Navy Blue – Navy blue is a great choice for anyone who wants to add a seaside vibe to their home’s exterior.
- Pale Yellow – Pale yellow is a simple choice, but adds a countryside feel to your home’s exterior.
- Pumpkin Orange – Do you enjoy fall colours? Take some inspiration from the many colours that fall naturally offers and go with a pumpkin orange.
- Mahogany – Mahogany brown is a classic door colour that will add elegance and richness to your home.
- Chocolate Brown – If mahogany is a little too bold for your tastes, opt for something tastier and a little more neutral by painting your door a chocolate brown.
There are many great colours to choose from, so feel free to take your time and explore your options before painting!